Here are five things I’m loving this month:
1) Vitacost. This website is officially a new obsession of mine. They not only carry all of my favorite vegan brands (Bobo’s Oat Bars, Larabars, Vega), but they also offer great pricing, free shipping on qualifying orders, quick delivery, fabulous customer service, and an awesome referral program! Speaking of the referral program, if you use my Refer-A-Friend code, you can save $10 off your order! Claim the offer here. My husband is on a low-carb diet and they have tons of products for him, too. They also carry ingredients that I cannot find in my local grocery stores. I cannot say enough about how impressed I am with Vitacost! You should definitely check them out!
I can purchase Bobo’s Oat Bars at a local health food store, but they only carry a few flavors. I am so excited to try some additional flavors I ordered from Vitacost.com.
2) Oiselle Toolbelt Rogas. Oiselle just needs to take all of my money because their Spring 2015 line is fierce! There are SO many items I love (seriously, you should see my online shopping cart right now), but I wanted to highlight the new Toolbelt Roga shorts. I think these are brilliant! They are super practical for long runs because they are loaded with pockets. If you’ve read my blog before, you know I am a big fan of pockets in my tri gear, so I was so excited when I saw Oiselle’s CEO, Sally, wearing these awesome shorts at Oiselle Team camp last August. Since then, my friends and I have been stalking the Oiselle website waiting for these to arrive. I am so excited that they are finally here and cannot wait to give them a try! I ordered a pair in black and I am obsessively tracking my package as it travels across the country to my door. I will let you know when they arrive!
Toolbelt Rogas rock! (photo from Oiselle website)
3) Vega Sport Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bars. I have used Vega protein powders for a while now, even prior to trying to cut animal products out of my diet, because they are the best-tasting protein powders I’ve tried. Yes, they are a bit more expensive, but the flavor is so much better, it has been worth it to me. While I love a nice thick, cool recovery smoothie after a hard workout, recovery bars are a more convenient option when I’m working out away from home. I usually have one stashed in my gym bag, one in my car, and one in my purse. That way, I know I always have something to eat after a big swim, ride, or run. The bars I used last year contain milk, so I have been searching for a vegan alternative to help fuel my muscles after training sessions this year. I am happy to report that the search is over. I recently purchased a box of Vega Sport Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bars from Vitacost (I told you I’m obsessed) and they are delicious! Each bar is 260 calories and contains 15 grams of protein. These Non-GMO Project Verified bars are also gluten free. If you order from Vitacost right now, a 12-bar box is only $26.87 (the retail price is $41.79)! That’s an incredible deal!
4) Smashed Kale & Cannellini Bean Sandwich. If you saw my February favorites, you know I picked a smashed bean sandwich as my favorite recipe of the month and, believe it or not, I have another amazing smashed bean sandwich recipe to share this month! This Smashed Kale & Cannellini Bean Sandwich is super tasty and was easier (quicker) to make than the Sunflower sandwich. It has a great garlic flavor and the recipe made enough sandwich filling for an entire week’s worth of lunches! It’s a great way to add some kale to your diet, too. Try it and let me know how you like it!
This sandwich. So. Good.
5) Matt & Nat Bag and Wallet. As you know, I’ve been eliminating animal products from my diet and the next logical step is incorporating cruelty-free living into other aspects of my life. I started investigating vegan handbags and came across Matt & Nat, a company I wasn’t previously aware of. I immediately fell in love with practically everything on the Matt & Nat website! Their bags are gorgeous and look just like leather. In fact, my mom – who is most definitely not a vegan – even ordered a new bag and wallet. I am now the proud owner of a Matt & Nat satchel and wallet and I am in love!!
I knew I was going to like the style and color of my new bag and wallet, but I wasn’t sure about the quality, being unfamiliar with the brand and ordering online, but I am really impressed. I can definitely see myself purchasing more from Matt & Nat in the future. If you check them out, definitely read a bit more about the company. I think you will be impressed with their brand values and ethics.
My new Matt & Nat handbag! The photo doesn’t do it justice!
What are some of your favorites this month?